Monday, November 18, 2013

The Irony of It All

This month is national diabetes awareness month and I haven't posted a single blog post for two months, I haven't participated in a #dsma chat in who knows how long, and I've barely read any of my favorite diabetes blogs this month. You're probably wondering about why on earth would ever do any of this, especially in November. It's mainly because of tons of schoolwork (and I know I've said that for months, but  only say it because it is 1000% true) and burnout.

I have at least three hours of homework nightly and don't get home until around 6 because of extracurricular, so that equals at least staying up until ten if I am feeling super-productive, but it's more like me staying up until 12 because of many distractions, most of them from the internet. I'm taking a pretty heavy course load this year, so that obviously contributes to my immense amounts of homework I have to do. If I don't have physical homework to do, I have a book to read, notes to study, or some project that needs to be done which gives me little to no free time. (In case you're wondering, I'm typing this at 12:07 AM while I should really be doing a plasmid map for my biotech lab due today.)

Gerard has been under my pillow, pitifully with a dead battery for two months. This makes me sad.
And I've been in a lovely state of continuous diabetes burnout mainly because I haven't had my dexcom sensors in two months. They were supposed to be on auto-refill and I should have gotten them in the beginning of October; I obviously didn't get them. After calling Neighborhood Diabetes the company that distributes my sensors)/ dexcom/ our insurance company multiple times, my mom finally got them to ship my sensors on Thursday. They are hopefully going to be here today or tomorrow. We're looking into finding different companies that supply sensors because this is the third time that Neighborhood Diabetes has screwed up my sensors and I don't want this to happen again. I'm hoping that we can just buy from the dexcom store because I'm sure they actually care about me using their product enough to ship our sensors at the right time.

I am annoyed to the nth degree right now because of Neighborhood Diabetes' general lack of care about my health since they obviously can't send my sensors to me on time. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A CGM THAT I CAN'T USE BECAUSE OF THE IDIOTS THAT SUPPOSEDLY 'CARE' ABOUT MY DIABETES WON'T SEND THEM TO ME ON TIME? (Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.) There are curse words that I don't use for these kind of people.

Needless to say, my life has been stressful due to factors outside of my control, so I've had to limit the amount of time I've been spending on my blog. And that genuinely sucks.

Moral of the Story: I might as well just order my sensors in bulk, so I don't have to deal with this again.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having getting your sensors. But I wanted to say that I just wrote a similar post today about feeling burn out too, and just plain tired of diabetes. I hope your feeling back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the delay in the sensors. I think we all get this way around this time of year. Maybe they should move Diabetes Awareness Month to April-- Spring might energize us a little more!

    ReplyDelete

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!