Friday, February 1, 2013

Awkward...

I love my Dexcom, it rocks; I really don't know what I would do without it. (At the end of my trial, I cried and panicked over the fact that I wouldn't have something to monitor my blood sugars at night. [Yes, I had separation anxiety of a piece of medical equipment. Deal with it.]) It sometimes messes up blood sugars, or I accidentally press the wrong button, but the one thing that it never fails to do is produce awkward situations.

Exhibit A:
Two days ago at robotics, my Dexcom had said HIGH for a couple hours and I just realized it. So, I walked into the other room as I was yelling at it and got some awkward looks. Then I had to explain what I was angry about. Then I was laughed at. (Note: It was a friendly kind of teasing.)

I should probably test my blood after this.
Exhibit B:
Yesterday during biology, we had finished our lab and were talking. Suddenly, Gerome decided it was a fantastic time to buzz and say, "System Check Passed," or something along those lines. Then Gerome went out of range. I freaked out and ran up to my teacher and asked if I could use the computer to look up what the heck this meant. Then I realized that I could use my phone and said, "I'll use my phone, never mind." Then Gerome showed a blood sugar reading and I breathed a sigh mixed with relief and anger. (I looked in the manual last night and it means that there was an error, but the Dexcom fixed itself.)

Moral of the Story: Gerome just loves to be the center of attention, even if it is at my expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!