Well, it's a good thing you have me to tell you the perfect gifts for your life-long companions!
For Your Meter-
- Head over to Sugar Medical Supply and check out their new bags! They have four new patterns for their regular bags and 2 new Omni Pod bags. (Yes, that means that an extra pod, plus other supplies will fit!)
- Myabetic has adorable cases for kids. Their Butterfly Case and Sports Locker Case have so many different pockets, little kids will fall in love with them!
- Animas: Animas has eight different skins for your One Touch Ping, so if you are thinking about sprucing up your Ping, this is the way to go!
- Medtronic: Medtronic has teamed up with Skin It (Lucky Ducks!) to make Skin Its especially for Medtronic Pumps! You can choose from tons of patterns, or upload your own! Check it out here.
- Omni Pod: If you haven't heard of Pump Peelz by now, where have you been? These are amazing, reusable skins for your pod, so once you take the pod off, you can take off the skin and reuse it over and over again!
For Your Dexcom-
- Check out Tallygear for the best case for your Dexcom G4 Platinum. They come in tons of patterns, solid colors, and even some shiny colors. I have heard so many great reviews about these; I want one, too!
- If you are a fashionista/ love Vera Bradley, you can also use this for your Seven Plus, or this for your G4. Just look at this tutorial to make it compatible for either Dexcom!
- If you want a cool bracelet that tells the world you are diabetic, then Stick Me Designs is the way to go! They have tons of colors to put on the bracelet, and you get to choose what the tag says!
- When your pancreas doesn't work, you need a soft, fluffy version of the organ that is really lazy. This stuffed pancreas is adorable and I have one, too!
- Do you find test strips everywhere? (Why am I even asking that? Everyone does!)Well, Stick Me Designs also has little containers to put test strips in, instead having them scattered around your house/work!
- How awkward is it to send thank you notes for diabetes related stuff? Well, Blue Cupcake Press just took the awkwardness out of it with their amazing cards! They are perfect for tons of D-Occasions, like Diaversaries or Thank You Notes for Rides/Walks. All proceeds go to the JDRF.
- Have you ever had those Fridays where you just can't find anything blue to wear? Well, CCARIA has tons of adorable blue jewelry for those Fridays. They have bracelets, pins, earrings, and even bobby pins! All proceeds go to the JDRF.
- Have you ever had those days when you just wanted a t-shirt to explain yourself? Then it's a good thing the the blogger from Texting My Pancreas made a shop with some of her amazing cartoons that explain our lives!
- OR if you need a relatively cheap presesnt, just print out this awesome Diabetes Terms of Endearment e-book, (from Six Until Me) slap it in a pretty binder/scrapbook, wrap it up, and BOOM, you have an awesome present. (Study this wisely, you may hear these terms a bunch in the future...)
I hope you guys liked all of the stuff I found on the interwebs for V-Day! You can give all of this stuff to a family member or friend with diabetes, or to yourself!
Moral of Story: The internet has tons of awesome D-Stuff!