Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wait, Why Do I Have Ketones?

I wanted to tell you guys a quick story pertaining to ketones, so let's get started!

Long ago (AKA elementary school), I was feeling horrible and sick, so I tested my ketones. They were high. We tested my blood, and I was 94! So, what was up with that? I mean, who's pancreas would do something as confusing as this?

*WELL, APPARENTLY MINE*
We called the doctor, and he said to drink a juice, and not to cover it.

Why?

Juice, more than just a simple sugar. (Isn't that a great tagline?)
Well, since I had been feeling sick, I hadn't eaten all day, so my body had to get energy from somewhere. And that meant making ketones.

I drank the juice, and *POOF* I didn't have ketones!

I'm telling you guys this because this happened to me the other day. I forgot to eat breakfast and was 108 with ketones. I thought back to this story, and lo and behold, the ketones disappeared!

Moral of Story: Juice is for more than low blood sugar!

Fine Print and Blah:
Remember, that Your Diabetes May Vary (YDMV), so don't take this as medical advice. I am not a medical expert (I'm only 14...), so this is definitely NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. Oh, and in case you didn't get it before, THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!