"It seems the most popular thing about Diabetes Blog Week is that it helps us find blogs we weren’t reading yet and connect with some new blog friends. With that in mind, let’s kick off Diabetes Blog Week by making some new connections. Think about the d-blogs you read that you think we may not know about and introduce us to one that you love!! Let’s all find a new friend today!"
Yay, I am so excited for this one, so let's get started!
Blogs You Might Not Know About:
- Bajan Sugar
- This is a blog about a girl with diabetes- that lives in Barbados, no less! I think it is awesome to know that even in tropical islands, diabetes is still there.
- Ironic Sweetness
- This is a blog about Tilly, a diabetic for two years. She just started her blog, and I'm really liking it! This is definitely a must-read blog because her posts are the perfect length and have great topics!
- I Run on Insulin
- This is and awesome blog about an awesome type 1. She has done the Tour de Cure, and her posts are always super detailed!
- The Angry Type 2 Diabetic
- I usually don't read about type 2's because I can't really relate, but I LOVE her posts. She doesn't post 24/7, but when she posts they are long, detailed posts that you have to take a break, test your blood, eat a snack, then go back to reading. They are relatable, and well thought out. Check out her blog, right now! (Or, you know, after you finish reading my blog...)
- Karen's blog is just amazing! She is a great advocate, in charge of the menacing, but awesome task of running Diabetes Blog Week, and is just super! How could you not read this one?
- Six Until Me
- If you don't read this blog, you are really missing out! Kerri is an awesome Type 1 AND mom of one of the cutest kids alive! Her posts are fun to read and I can totally relate to them. Hopefully, you can too!
- Texting my Pancreas
- This is my favorite D-Blog EVER! I can relate to her, love her cartoons, and she is just plain awesome! This is the ultimately awesome D-Blog! She also runs the amazing You Can Do This Project.
Here is the page with all of the blog posts for today.