Monday, April 9, 2012

Shorty Got Low. x8

Yes, that is from some obnoxious song that was popular when I was in 5th grade. I distinctly remember dancing to that song at the 5th grade dance with a broken left ring finger.

So why am I reminiscing about that song?
Because I am short (4' 11" and 3/4) and my blood sugar got really low today; 30.

I really don't know why it happened.
I woke up at about 5:30 AM because I felt low, and I was 67. I had 4 glucose tabs and ate the most disgusting cereal ever, wheat and barley cereal, but I added bananas to make it bearable because I was having a low blood sugar cereal craving.

I later told my dad to go buy me some cereal because I would die without it.

At 8:30 AM I tested my blood before I ate a *SUPER* healthy school breakfast of Eggo Cereal and Apple juice. I was 156. I covered it accordingly, 18 carbs for one mini bowl of Eggo cereal (the school requires you to buy two,) and an apple juice for 30 carbs.
8.25 units.

This is only 3 away from my lowest low, 27.
I was feeling low at 11:20, so I tested and I was 30.
I had 8 glucose tabs, and 1/3 of a Clif bar, for a total of 47 carbs.
I also suspended my pump, and forgot to resume it until it beeped at me when I didn't get my basal.

I have no idea what I did wrong.

Moral of Story: Short people do get low.

P.S- The name of that song is Low by Flo Rida. (Look it up at your own discretion, It is rated PG-13.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!