Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tales of the Endo: February

Last Tuesday, we thought that we (my sister and I) had an endocrinologist appointment, and we didn't. My mom checked me out at 12:15, no one forgot their charts, and we go to the endocrinologist 10 minutes early. (!) Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. When one of the secretaries called us back, she told us we didn't have an appointment for that day, our appointment was next week. Needless to say, were angry, so we went to the endocrinologist today. We forgot the charts, my mom checked me out late, and we got there 10 minutes late, but we were there in time. (The paperwork and waiting takes forever anyways...)

I told you that I took notes!
We talked about stuff, and I even took notes! We are bringing my basal up during the day, so I don't spike after lunch, we brought my I:C ratio from 1:8 to 1:10 at dinner, so I don't drop after exercising. (Drinking two juice boxes while running kind of defeats the purpose of the run.)
My A1C went up from 7.1 to 7.9; that's okay because last time's A1C was low because of lots of low blood sugars.

My sister and I are also coming up with a plan to get her an OmniPod by May. She needs to test and chart more, so if you guys have any tips for motivating here, I would appreciate some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!