Friday, May 18, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week: What They Should Know (Day Five)


Today's Topic:
Today let’s borrow a topic from a #dsma chat held last September.  The tweet asked “What is one thing you would tell someone that doesn’t have diabetes about living with diabetes?”.  Let’s do a little advocating and post what we wish people knew about diabetes.  Have more than one thing you wish people knew?  Go ahead and tell us everything.

I don't want a pity party because I am diabetic. I know you say, "I can't imagine living with diabetes!"  I know you can't imagine it, but I have lived with this since I was 5, I don't remember not having diabetes, so I don't need you to cry for me.

I think I'm normal.
I can't imagine a life without diabetes.
Testing my blood, giving myself insulin, and counting carbs, these will always be things that I will do. When I am on my deathbed, I will be counting the carbs in the sugary foods I am eating.

That's just how it is, and it will always be that way.

Moral of Story: It is not as hard as you think.

Here is the page with all of the blog posts for today.

P.S.- It is my birthday, I'm 14 today!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see this post until today - so Happy Birthday 3 days late. 14 will be a grand year for you.

    ReplyDelete

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!