Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ode to my Pricker

O Pricker, O Pricker why must you go?
We've been through so much, highs, lows, and the occasional snow.

O Pricker, O Pricker, I will miss you.
You have enabled me to see those blood sugars that make me go, "Whoo!"

O Pricker, O Pricker, do not fret.
My Mom won't throw you away, at least not yet...

O Pricker, O Pricker, I will store you in a special place,
So no one, not even a bug, can harm your non-existent face.

O Pricker, O Pricker, I will remember you always.
All 365 (or on Leap years, 366) days.

Its casket is a glucose tabs bottle.
O Pricker, O Pricker, I must get a new one.
One that will let me test my blood, especially after I eat a cinnamon bun.

O Pricker, O Pricker, I now have a One Touch Delica.
But, this new one will not be your replica.

O Pricker, O Pricker, I could be lazy like a basset.
Now my new one needs me to scout out a certain lancet.

O Pricker, O Pricker, Rest in Peace
I'll miss you as much as I don't miss a beet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!