If you're looking for somewhere to start, advocacy wise check out some of these websites:
- T1D Looks Like Me // A JDRF initiative that requires a simple selfie and a quick filter to show that there is no specific person that looks diabetic. They are also hosting meetups throughout the US during November for Diabetes Awareness month
- Beyond Type 1 // A social media based advocacy platform with ideas for fundraising, advocacy, and resources for any diabetic in the modern age.
- #DiabadassChallenge // An Instagram challenge for November centered around diabetes, which is great way to educate others about diabetes while also helping you find other diabetics by simply searching through the hashtag.
- World Diabetes Day // The IDF's yearly campaign focused on diabetes awareness and advocacy. A great place for so much information about diabetes and advocacy that your head might explode!
- Blogs // Blogs are great places to find inspiration for advocacy. A few of my favorites are Six Until Me, Diabetesaliciousness, Texting My Pancreas, Coffee & Insulin, and Very Light, No Sugar.
I hope you are as excited as I am for this month!