Saturday, April 6, 2013

HWAMC Day Six: Letters

Today's prompt will be written in letter format; get ready!
Write a letter to your condition – what do you want to get off your chest?
Dear Type One Diabetes,

We've been together for almost 9 1/2 years- I didn't want this to last. You've been extremely problematic since day one. You scared me so much that you made my mom give me my first shot of insulin. It probably would have hurt less if the doctors did it, but you scared me too much to let them do it.

 You made me get an insulin pump, which gave a girl a reason to exclude me from her group of friends. I still cringe a little when I see her, and she never apologized.

You introduced me to glucose tabs; one day I ate a whole bottle and I had to ask how to raise my daily bolus limit because I needed to cover them.

You've made me go to the doctor four times per year. That's 33 times since age five.

You've made me go to the hospital twice. Once for diagnosis and another because I went into DKA.

You've made so many bad things happen to me.

So thanks.

You suck, but you've also done a few good things for me.

You introduced me to Camp Kudzu, AKA the best place in the world.

You also made me start blogging, which has given me so many new friends.

You've made me who I am, and for that, I am truthfully thankful.
- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!