- When I say, "I'm high." I am talking about my blood sugar, not about taking drugs. (I mean, I only take insulin and Synthroid; and neither of those are narcotics.)
- That thing attached to my side does not have Mario Kart on it, it is an insulin pump, not a Game Boy. They look very different.
- I'm not going to leave the table to test my blood if you have been sitting by me at lunch the whole school year. (If you haven't sat by me before, I will.)
- Yes, I can eat sugar.
- No, my pump is not from the 80's; the screen is beat up, but I swear it was brand new technology four years ago in November.
- Those little white tabs I am eating are called glucose tabs, and once again (see number 1), are not narcotics; they are tablets made of sugar. And no, you cannot have one!
|It was new four years ago, I swear!|
- Diabetes isn't your entire life; you can have other hobbies! (I knit and have a knitting blog here: The Knitting Fish.)
- Twitter is a wonderful place to chat about your diabetes. You can join many diabetics in #DSMA chats on Wednesday nights ant 9 PM.
- Blogging is fun to do, but if it just isn't your thing, you don't have to! *GASP, I SAID YOU DON"T HAVE TO BLOG.*
- Always be prepared for Endocrinologist visits. Have your questions and concerns for your endo written on paper or on blog.
- Always have fun, and don't let diabetes hold you back.
My greatest weakness (my broken pancreas) has become my greatest strength - and for that I am grateful.So make your strength, my diabetic friends.
PS: Non diabetics- use some time to educate your pancreas, so that something from my first list will not have to be told to you, again.