Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week: One Great Thing (Day Two)


Today's Topic:
Living with diabetes (or caring for someone who lives with it) sure does take a lot of work, and it’s easy to be hard on ourselves if we aren’t “perfect”.  But today it’s time to give ourselves some much deserved credit.  Tell us about just one diabetes thing you (or your loved one) does spectacularly!  Fasting blood sugar checks, oral meds sorted and ready, something always on hand to treat a low, or anything that you do for diabetes.  Nothing is too big or too small to celebrate doing well! 

So what is the good thing I do?
I think that I am good at explaining diabetes. People at school are always asking me about my diabetes, and I always tell them what they want to know, (or at least a basic explanation about it.) I've had diabetes since I was five, so I'm used to explaining it, and if I do say so, I am good at it! I also seem to be able to have a meter with myself at all times; there might not be enough test strips or a good lancet in my pricker, but I do have a meter with me at all times.

Moral of Story: I am multi-talented!

Here is the page with all of the blog posts for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!