Friday, February 17, 2012

New Record High!

Yesterday stunk.

I think I forgot to cover lunch because when I tested my blood sugar at  8:45, I was apparently over 600. (Yikes!) I covered it with 11.15 units and didn't eat anything; after about 2 ½ hours, I tested again because I felt like I was going to throw up, had a headache, and felt just plain horrible. I was 512. I had to take a shot of insulin. *gasp* I think I took 10 units. After about 30 minutes, I had gone down to 486, so I was slowly progressing. After an hour I was 415, so my dad gave half of a correction for that, and I changed my site. (I figured it had gone bad even though I had just put it in at 5:00 that day.)

Uh-oh, Spaghettio..
I woke up at 142 and felt a 1,000,000,000 (billion [Sorry, I felt like typing a lot of zeros..]) times better.

Moral of Story: Let's just say I will never, ever forget to cover lunch again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough from me, I want to hear from you!